PLEASE NOTE: MEMBERSHIP IS CURRENTLY CLOSED
You are still welcome to apply, and to come and meet us at upcoming events but we will not be processing applications at this time. Check our blog for an announcement when membership re-opens.
To apply, you need to…
- Be based in the Glasgow area
- Be actively selling your work: You need to have a business name and be selling your work either on your own website, etsy, other websites, or at markets and fairs. We welcome both established and new businesses.
- Have a web presence somewhere to link back to the Mafia website. It can be a hosted website or a blog, but it must be related to your craft and not just a personal site.
- Fit the mafia ethos. Please have a look at our member pages and flickr pool to get an idea of the type of businesses we accept. Does what you do fit with our existing members?
- Be committed to promoting the Glasgow Craft Mafia and our core message of handmade not High Street and be willing to regularly get involved in our activities.
- Come along and meet the Mafia! Details of all upcoming social and selling events are posted up on our forum and blog. You must attend one of our socials or markets and chat to the other members to see what we’re all about before you apply. We think this a very important part of the application process and so we won’t consider applications from people who haven’t met us yet.
Membership for your first year costs £50. This includes a non refundable set up fee. Annual renewal of £20 (pro-rata) is due every June. At least 50% of your fee goes towards advertising online and in print.
Membership benefits include:
- Discounts on Mafia events held throughout the year
- Promotion for your business through our website. You’ll have your own member page telling the world all about you and and you’ll be able to let everybody know your news via our forum, blog and mailing list
- Promotion for your business via Mafia flyers, posters, print and online advertising
- Promotion via the Craft Mafia familia worldwide! You’ll get a listing in the Craft Mafia shopping guide and be able to join the Craft Mafia Yahoo group.
- Access to the members only area of the GCM forum where you’ll find lots of crafty contacts, information, opportunities and help for you and your business
- Discounts from the mafia supporters, shops and suppliers – everything from classes to supplies
- The support of a great bunch of like-minded crafters!
The mafia is a non-profit organisation established for like-minded folks to promote and support each other’s businesses, share ideas and crafty knowledge. Membership isn’t just about selling at markets, we want you to help us spread the creative word to Glasgow and beyond!
If you’re a creative guy or crafty gal and feel you’ve got something to give to the Mafia we want to hear from you!
What do you do now?
If you’ve already been to an event and met us, please email us at getmade[AT]glasgowcraftmafia.com with the following information:
- Your name
- Your business name
- Your website
- Your address and contact details
- Your craft of choice
- Why you want to join the mafia
- What you will bring to the mafia
Please do your best to answer all questions as fully as possible as we won’t consider incomplete applications.
We vote on new member applications once a month but you can apply at any time and we’ll let you know as soon as possible if you’ve been made.
If you have any questions about applying or any other aspect of joining us, please email getmade[AT]glasgowcraftmafia.com and we’ll help you out.
We look forward to hearing from you!